The End - Coming in March. The LaGrange Legacy

The End - Coming in March. The LaGrange Legacy
Available at CreateSpace and Amazon

Friday, May 11, 2012

Good Times and Happy Trails

A month ago, my would-be publisher told me the novel has made it through first edit, and a second proposed cover would be coming soon. Nothing else happened. I sent a query, but there has been no response. My current thought is to put the project out of my misery, and go on to something else.

The thought of writing stories that will never be read begins to appeal to me once more. They say one should write about subjects close to home. It's been done before, I realize. The movie 2012 with John Cusack comes to mind in that regard.

My WIP, working title, "Peepul and Pigs," is proceeding in two directions. I was working to interlace it with the original "Dust & Cannibals," and (at the recommendation of the publisher a month ago) expanding the draft from 64K to somewhere near 84K. Both are about half-done.

At the same time, NaNoWriMo has a so-called 'camp,' where another 50K would be cranked out during the month of June. There are a couple of projects I could pursue. Wondering which project would be worthwhile seems futile. It seems evident that whatever I write will be purely for my own enjoyment, or at the very least, to persuade myself that I'm doing something productive.

Productive time it may be. The question I dare not ask is whether it might be profitable. All such projects have absorbed funds without producing enough results to even fantasize profitability. Frankly, the subject of profit from my writing is at least as fantastic as anything I've read or written, and that's been some pretty far-out stuff.

Happy trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment