The End - Coming in March. The LaGrange Legacy

The End - Coming in March. The LaGrange Legacy
Available at CreateSpace and Amazon

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Last Tuesday, I was interviewed on our local TV station. Watching it later at home, my first reaction was "Who is that???" To giver the interviewers credit, with absolutely no background on the book or me, they managed to give me every opportunity to put my novel in the most positive light possible. Many thanks to the good folks at Nebraska TV.

Stumbling out of the station, knowing I really need to drop some pounds and inches if I'm ever to do that again, my wife and I immediately proceeded to breakfast. So much for those good intentions. Afterward, I did succeed in placing copies of the book with the Hastings Bookstore in Kearney on consignment. It appears their system recognized it as being in print, but was unable to order right then.

Friday was my presentation, book dedication, and book signing. There were about fifteen people there, plus the local weekly newspaper. The presentation was well-received, and some people bought the book. Checking mail when we got back home, there was a check from one of the local libraries. All of this is rather surprising. At this point, direct sales have resulted in more sales than any other approach, not to mention more profit.

In total sales, CreateSpace (my publisher) has a direct sales link ranks behind direct sales. Amazon sales of the softback edition are third. Finally, there's the Kindle edition. My research seemed to indicate sales would be exactly the reverse of what I'm seeing. Presumably, the situation will change over time. A very wise man reminded me this morning that patience is needed. He's right of course. I need that patience now!

More advise from that same wise man, Claude Bouchard by name, is to look at expanding the eBook formats available via Smashwords. I'm looking into that possibility, and have downloaded their eBook, The Smashwords Style Guide, by Mark Coker. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment